1) What is VisionSave Campaign
The VisionSave campaign was conceptualized to aid the Singapore National Eye Centre (SNEC) and the Singapore Eye Research Institute (SERI) in this quest to improve the lives of our patients. It serves as a bold and transformational effort to leverage on philanthropic investments to pave the way for a holistic augmentation of ophthalmology care delivery, with the ultimate goal of saving sight and transforming lives of our patients, and beyond, through innovative, cost-effective impactful eye care therapeutics, preventative and treatment strategies.
Funds garnered via the SNEC Health Endowment Fund and the SNEC Health Research Endowment Fund will go towards supporting the five causes for support/ focus areas of the VisionSave campaign:
- Financial assistance for complex, cutting-edge & novel therapies/surgeries for sight –threatening eye diseases
- Public Education/ Community Outreach/ Humanitarian
- Future-Focused Education
- Research & Innovation
- Infrastructure/ Capacity Building
2) It is said that donations from the VisionSave Campaign will go to the SNEC Health Endowment Fund (HEF) and the SNEC Health Research Endowment Fund (HREF). How will the donations from VisionSave be divided into these two funds?
All donations will be channeled to either SNEC HREF or SNEC HEF in accordance with the donor’s intended cause for support.
3) Are donors entitled to tax deductions? If so, will VisionSave issue a tax deductible receipt for their donation?
SNEC HREF and SNEC HEF will serve as the conduits to receive the donations, and issue tax-deductible donations to the donors.
4) Will a receipt be given?
All donations will be issued a tax deductible receipt. Physical receipts will only be issued for donations above $20. If you do not receive a receipt, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Can donations be made online?
Yes, currently online donations can be made via Paypal.
6) Can donations be refunded?
Due to the nature of charity donations refunds are given at the discretion of charity management. Therefore please make sure that the amount you enter is the amount you wish to give. In the event of an incorrect amount being entered please contact us as soon as possible or contact paypal to stop the payment from your credit card.
7) How do I stop monthly donations?
Please write to us at VisionSave@snec.com.sg if you wish to stop your monthly donations to VisionSave.
8) What other ways can the public contribute, besides donating money?
The public can contribute by being a VisionSave advocate i.e. spreading the important message that everyone should support and contribute to the campaign, which has the ultimate goal of saving sight and transforming lives of our patients, through novel, cost-effective, impactful eye care therapeutics, preventative and treatment strategies.
9) How do I get in touch with a staff?
For further information or for a pledge card to be sent to you, please contact us at:
The Singapore National Eye Centre
The EYE ACP Office,
(65) 6572 7258.